mercredi 4 septembre 2013

IE–“Toolbars and extension management” (StExBar missing)

 

Sometime I don’t understand how Microsoft organize & manage the relation between the different program running under Windows (Seven) ?

I had an Explorer shell extension call StExBar and today after an update and the restart (as usual), it disappear and the in Explorer Menu (View –>ToolBar) I found it but it was grey and un-clickable !

After some Googling, I found some discussion in which users had the same issue. In fact depending of the version (x86 or x64) of the plugin or extension you use (the StExBar in my case) you can Enable/disable them through the x86 or the x64 version of Internet Explorer (a.k.a IE).

Open the right version of IE, ALT+T (Menu “Tools”) –> “Internet Options”

image

Go into “Programs'” and click ”Manage Add-ons”

image

It’s definitely not the place where I had search by myself to found enable/disable button for shell extension used only by Explorer.exe. I’m wondering in why those settings are in IE….

Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire